Thursday, April 05, 2007

From the Students in Carmen

I could not ask for a more rewarding experience than this joint production of Carmen. As the Carmen #2, and a senior undergraduate at USM, I am learning more than I ever could have hoped from Carmen #1, Fenlon Lamb. Working with the professionals, I have received much coaching from them, and for that I am extremely grateful. This is a huge milestone for me, and I cannot express the value of this opportunity. Working with Alan Mann and the hired singers in this production of Carmen is something that very few undergraduates are able to experience, and I am thankful to the MS Opera and USM for giving the students such an incredible opportunity, and a huge stepping stone in my career as a young singer. It is making all of us much better performers to be in the presence of such fine professionals. We are having a blast!
~Hilary Ginther

Performing with professional singers and with a director like Alan Mann is a wonderful learning experience. Dan, Fenlon and Oziel have been wonderful mentors throughout this experience and have gone beyond the 'role' to help us students learn the ropes of opera performance. This is truly a wonderful opportunity for the students of USM, and for that we are grateful. (El Remendado)
~Ronald Laitano

No comments: